Where We Ship
Crossroads Enterprise, Inc. provides cabinet shipping to every state in the continental United States and Hawaii. In cases of extreme ruralness, Crossroads will ship to the nearest city served by the carrier. Alaska residents are welcome to arrange their own shipping (FOB - Fullerton, CA).
The cabinets are packaged assembled in individual boxes and shipped on shrink wrapped pallets. The cabinets will be shipped via common carrier using the most efficient provider at the time of delivery. Most carriers require a 3-4 hour window for delivery. The cabinets can be shipped to residences or businesses. A designated person over 18 years of age must be on site to inspect and sign for the shipment. The driver is only responsible for placing the pallet onto the ground on residential deliveries or commercial deliveries without a dock or forklift. Crossroads shipping service either does not include or may require applicable delivery rates to be paid by the customer where special permits are required or delivery routes may require a unionized work force to perform the jobsite delivery. Other exceptions may include situations where tractor trailer delivery is not permitted, such as in certain city locations. All destinations must be tractor trailer accessible. Shipping includes a single delivery attempt to the customer. In the event of customer unavailability or other customer circumstance, whereby an order cannot be delivered, the customer will be responsible for additional storage, shipping and handling.
Product Receiving Instructions
Specify Items for the claim:
- Please inspect the cabinetry immediately upon receipt.
- At the time of delivery, examine the package to determine if it appears to have been torn, crushed, dented, or otherwise damaged.
- Please sign for piece count as well as pallet count.
- The freight carrier has acknowledged the receipt of this shipment from our facilities in good condition. By your acceptance of the shipment from the carrier on the bill of lading, you acknowledge that the product appears to have been delivered in good condition.
- If any shortages or damages are discovered upon delivery, make a notation for damage and/or shortage on the Bill of Lading with a representative from the carrier present before accepting the order. Have the driver sign all copies to acknowledge the notation.
Freight Damage And/Or Shortage Claim Instructions
- Damaged or unsealed packages
- Shrink wrap is torn or not intact
- Quantity shortages
All shipments should be thoroughly inspected for damage by the buyer or the buyer's designated representative before the shipment is accepted. The claim must then be reported by phone, fax or e-mail to the Crossroads representative that handles your account.
If a freight damage claim is made later than 10 days after the delivery date, Crossroads will not be held responsible. The damage or shortage claim will be subject to investigation. If it is determined that the claim is justified, a credit or replacement of the merchandise will be issued. When a shortage and/or damage is due to the freight carrier, a claim must be filed with the carrier immediately. The buyer is responsible for all damage that occurs following receipt of the shipment.
Unconcealed damage and/or shortage: Claims must be reported within 48 hours by phone, fax or e-mail to the Crossroads representative that handles your account. Be sure to include information regarding the pieces damaged and pictures showing the damage. No claims will be allowed without the Bill of Lading signed by the Customer and the Transportation Company.
Concealed Damage: Claims must be made within 10 days of product delivery. If a freight damage claim is made later than 10 days after the delivery date, Crossroads cannot be held responsible. Claims must be made by phone, fax or e-mail to the Crossroads sales representative that handles your account. Be sure to include information regarding the pieces damaged and pictures showing the damage. No claims will be allowed without the Bill of Lading signed by the Customer and the Transportation Company.
Points to Remember
- Please notify Crossroads immediately of all damage.
- Do not return merchandise to Crossroads without first contacting your Crossroads representative.
- File your claim directly phone, fax or e-mail to the Crossroads representative that handles your account. Include information regarding the pieces damaged and pictures showing the damage.
- Keep all packing materials, including Bill of Lading (signed by the driver) and boxes with the damaged product.
- Do not throw anything away until the claim is settled.